Thursday, September 15, 2011

How much can a final affect your grade?

I have an 88% in algebra 2 going into the semester final. math is easy for me, so the only reason i dont have an A is because i slacked off.



anyways is it theoretically possible for me to pull that up to a 90% due to the final exam? if i knew the conditions of the grading system, i would do the math myself. (what i mean by that is, i dont know what % the exam is worth towards my final grade).



assuming its 20%, and it wouldn't be higher, i need to get a perfect score. which is possible, this stuff is pretty basic. but im skeptical i can pull it off and get an A. im hoping someone can prove me wrong.



everyone makes such a big deal about finals, but when you really think about it, unless you bomb a test your grade won't change much at all. and in my case, that sux cuz its gonna be hard to raise it.How much can a final affect your grade?Over here a final exam is worth half your grade, so you've got 80 percent say here, you're going into your exam with 40 percent, you will need to score over 40 percent to maintain your 80 percent level.



Like average 60 percent goes into with 30, you need 60 percent to maintain it.
How much can a final affect your grade?
Quite a bit.
How much can a final affect your grade?
Actually, if the final is worth 20% of your grade, you can make a 98% on the final and get and A.
That all depnds on the percentage. We can't tell you how your school grades. At my school, finals are worth 20% of your grade. If you're in algebra 2, I assume you've taken finals before, shouldn't you know how much they're worth? Look in your handbook or in course information.

I know what you mean though, finals can't really help your grade if you've got above, say, a B because no one does better on finals than they're doing in the class unless they were already doing poorly in the class.