Saturday, September 24, 2011

How are these poems? Can you rate them 1-10?

Before you read this, this is not how I feel right now. Please don't judge me and assume things that will change your response. I am a regular kid who gets good grades, plays lots of sports, and tries their hardest. I write poems when I'm feeling at my worst. I would never harm myself, but everyone thinks about death every once in a while. The easy way out. Please just rate the quality of each poem.



1.

The serene waters

Could not match the anger in her heart

Or is that emptiness?

She cannot tell anymore.

They are one in the same.

But at least with anger, she feels something

At least she can tell she's alive.



Loneliness swallows what is left

And she is sure of it;

She is numb

She cannot make herself feel even anger

Or sadness

Or pain

It's one big meaningless blur

And hope is gone forever

In the black hole that took her soul



She holds on.

She fights.

But she doesn't see why.

It's pointless.

Hollow as a straw she goes through life

Thinks she's happy

But the void is forever present

Eating away at her

And the straw gets thinner

and thinner

And it all finally kills her

And the void fills once and for all.





2.

If the world were to end today,

I don't know if I would be sad

Or if I would be overwhelmed with happiness.

I feel like my soul has been ripped out of me most of the time

Or like I have a body

But it's completely empty.

How do I cope with that?

%26quot;Talk to someone%26quot; or %26quot;Take some pills%26quot;?

I don't think that talking will put a soul in my body

I don't think that a little pill will find the fragments of me

That are long gone

There's nothing left

But what I've held onto

And though I've held for dear life

My hands are small

And only a handful resides

Of the sea that was me,

That I believe I used to be

But I don't even know that anymore

Because all I have left is not my past

Or my memories

It's just my confusion

My loss

My anger

And I'd rather just let go of it all

With several of those little pills

All

At

Once





3.

Mother takes my hand

She鈥檚 been sick now for weeks,

For miles.

I don think that she鈥檒l make it

Father鈥檚 already died

And so has the baby.

We only have each other

And the few things we can carry.



I struggle to hang on

I can feel it that we鈥檙e close

So I eat our little food

Because the pale ones have lied to us

Once again



The food supplies are low

And most of us have died.

We are almost to our new home

But what promise is held there

Where we鈥檒l have to start over

And make new lives?



We are coming past a cabin

With a pale girl my age

Watching in awe

As our vast numbers pass and are prodded forward

I catch her eye

And Mother falls

I am forced forward

As she is left to die

On this ground that I will never see again

And I look at her one last time.



Tears escape the eyes

Of the pale girl and I

And she runs inside.

I never see them

My mother or the girl

Lost to me forever

Down the Trail of Tears.



Thanks!How are these poems? Can you rate them 1-10?1 7 of 10



2 6 of 10



3 8 of 10