Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to prepare to be an architect?

I really want to be an architect. Problem is that I'm only in 6th grade. Now don't be saying %26quot;ohh your too young. You'll change your mind when you grow up%26quot; Well, I doubt I am going to change my mind. Even if I am its probably a job similar to being an Architect.



My question: What skills should I work on more than the others? and how? Also do you have to be a master at drawing? Cuz I'm really bad.



Hopefully someone answers,



Thanks in advancee!How to prepare to be an architect?Well in terms of technical skills you would probably need some knowledge in civil and structural engineering. Being in 6th grade the only way to prepare would be to study your math and challenge yourself with extra math work like this:



http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/p鈥?/a>



You will need to understand physics and mechanics as well but you probably don't take them until high school.



Thats the technical end, architecture also has an art side to it. You can probably go to your library and pick up a few books that describe architecture and how it affects culture and life. This will probably keep you more interested in it than the math will!



Most drawings nowadays are don't in CAD, here's an example of a package:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/鈥?/a>



Some you don't need to be a good drawers but you need to be creative!