Sunday, June 5, 2011

Is it wrong to change your mind about who your Maid of Honor is?

I have a friend that I%26#039;ve been friends with since 3rd grade. In 7th grade her and her family moved far away. Since then we have kept in touch and talk on a regular basis. We see each other every two years or so. When we were little we use to talk about how we were going to be each others Maid of Honor. I am now 28 and 2 years ago she got married and asked me to be her Maid of Honor. I was a little surprised because so much time had passed I would have thought she would have chosen someone else. When I was 20 I met another girl who has been basically my best friend since. We lived together for 5 years and a have a wonderful friendship. She has helped me get through so many tough situations. I couldn%26#039;t imagine getting married with out her right next to me. I am now engaged and have the dilemma of do I ask my best friend of 9 years or do I go with my childhood friend from 3rd grade. She kept her promise.....I feel almost inclined to have her has my maid of honor. suggestions?|||Girl don%26#039;t be crazy! She doesn%26#039;t have to be your Maid of Honor, and she should understand that if she is truly a friend! When my best friend from Highschool (who I hadn%26#039;t seen in a couple of years) asked me to be a bridesmaid, I freaked! I thought it was insane of her to ask, but I%26#039;m glad she did. We had talks of being each others Maid of Honor as well, and I%26#039;m glad she didn%26#039;t pass that responsibilty over to me. Your Maid of Honor is the person who knows you best. Think about it like this: Does she know what you want to do for your Bachlorette? Does she know how you want to handle your Bridal Shower? Your Engagement/Annocement Party? You%26#039;ve been a Maid of Honor for her. Honestly ask yourself if you thought you were as good of a Maid of Honor to her, as one of her closer friends could%26#039;ve been? I don%26#039;t mean to be harsh, but that%26#039;s what it is in the end. If I would%26#039;ve been my friends Maid of Honor, the Bachlorette would%26#039;ve been wilder than she expected. I would%26#039;ve gone all out crazy, and it%26#039;s just not who she is.|||You can have 2 maid of honors|||Have her as you MATRON of Honor, and your single friend as you MAID of Honor. That way, everyone is happy.





Good luck|||It%26#039;s YOUR wedding. You are the one that will look at the pictures through the years, not your friends. Have who you want, if you feel obligated to involve your friend, have her as a brides maid or let her know you need her in a more importan position and have her be the coordinator or your personal assistant. If she wants an explaination, tell her the truth but tell her you wanted her involved in a more personal part of your wedding or a part that you need someone you can count on.|||well if you feel she would not make a good fit then thats how you feel your wedding is about you and no one els if maid of honor just dont feel like the right title for her then maybe there is something els she can do|||no you already answer your own question look at the wording. Is it wrong to ..........%26quot;YOUR%26quot; maid of honor YOUR day YOUR life YOUR happiness if they cant take YOUR decision !@#$ em|||No, you shouldn%26#039;t be expected to honor your childhood promises. Don%26#039;t feel guilty either because she asked you to be her maid of honor. Instead, ask the friend to be by your side, who has been a faithful friend to you throughout your single years. I would asked the other girl, who you don%26#039;t see as often, to possibly be a bridesmaid but not the Matron of Honor. You have to follow your heart and do what%26#039;s right for you to make your wedding as special as it should be!





Congratulations on your engagement!!|||I like Blunt%26#039;s suggestion. Maybe your fianc茅 can have two Best Men-maybe one his best friend, another a close relative (father or brother).|||Have one be the Matron of honor and one the Maid of Honor. Unless they are both married, then just have two.|||You should keep your promise and make your friend from 3rd grade your maid of honor and make your other friend a brides maid. Explain the situation to her and if she%26#039;s a true friend she%26#039;ll understand. If and when you have children you can make your 9 year friend the God mother. Also.....Congratulations on your wedding.|||Have you asked either one of them yet to be your MOH? If not.. then you%26#039;re really not changing anything. You just need to decide which one you want and not worry about hurting anyones feelings. This is your wedding and your day. This is the one thing in life that you get to chose how things go.


I have been in a similiar situation with my best friend. We went to school and were bf then kinda lost touch for a while but always got back in touch. We said we were going to be eachother MOH.. but things change as it has for you too. If your friend of 9 years is the one you want... then ask her.|||It%26#039;s your wedding you can do whatever you want.You can have 2 that%26#039;s what i did i had my oldest sister %26amp; my best friend as my matron of honors...It%26#039;s your day you call the shots..Best Wishes and congratulations..|||You are not obligated to do anything. You do what your heart tells you is right and what makes you happy. That%26#039;s what it%26#039;s all about. Have a great wedding. Anything goes these days anyway.|||just remember that this is YOUR wedding. She made her choice but if you have different friend you would like to chose and whom you feel is better for the job then chose her. If you other friend gets in a funk then she is not a true friend. A true friend would be happy just to be near you on your wedding day. Just make her a bridesmaid and not the maid of honor.! and good luck|||sounds like you have an easy solution since you said your 3rd grade friend is married, have her as the matron of honor and have your newer friend be the maid of honor, and keep her standing first, then matron 2nd. I think its wild how she kept her promise, and you should too, but it doesn%26#039;t have to be at the sake of your new special friend!|||since the friend you were maid of honour for is marrired, she%26#039;d be the matron of honur...so you can have a matron of honour be her, and then the other girl can be your maid of honour!!! that way thy%26#039;er both there and you can give them each an honourary title with out having to pick one over the other. my cousin did this, with her best friend who was married and her sister. it worked nicely!|||Since you 3rd grade friend is already married she would be a Matron of Honor. You can still have your new friend as a Maid of Honor.|||Before we answer this question, I think more information is needed. What have you said about it to both friends? I%26#039;d find it hard to believe the subject hasn%26#039;t come up with both of them. Fill us in...


What did you tell your best friend when she confided in you? Also, you said your 3rd grade friend wants to be A maid of honor. Is it just the title she wants?|||Why don%26#039;t you have a maid of honor (the new girl) and a matron of honor (the old friend)? In such weddings, the maid of honor usually takes on all the traditional responsiblities, but the matron of honor still has an honorific title.