Sunday, June 5, 2011

Can a teacher change your grade because of your "attitude"?

The other day in English, we had a pop quiz on The Oddessey. I originally got 100%, and on the quiz I wrote %26quot;a waste of paper%26quot; because there were like two answers on it. I wasn%26#039;t trying to offend her in any way, but somehow she found it offending and wrote on it %26quot;Sassy! Bold! I%26#039;m sorry I wasted your paper on studies! I didn%26#039;t bother recording this grade - Waste of my time! Zero! Change your attitude! FINAL! No discussion!%26quot; This grade affected my overall grade by 5%, which is two whole grades. I don%26#039;t think it%26#039;s right how she can change my grade because of my %26quot;attitude%26quot;. What do your think?








Sorry so long!


Answer, please!|||he/she can not do that, if your in high school or middle school tell your parents|||no it isn%26#039;t right - if she didn%26#039;t like what you wrote she had a right to say it was not related to the question - she had a right to say it jumped track - she had a right to say this assignment isn%26#039;t about paper it is about ______





talk to her - tell her you see her point (if you do) - apologize or live with the results - what she did is not against the law - what you did was not against the law BUT





it was her class


her test


and that is how life works.|||So what was the point of writing :%26quot;a waste of paper%26quot; on the quiz? Are you part of the Save a Tree foundation? What possible reason is there for writing this on the quiz other than challenging your teacher%26#039;s methods or authority?





As far as her methodology was concerned, she may have chosen a different alternative (detention, parent conference, or something else), but this seemed to have gotten your attention. Maybe next time, you%26#039;ll keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself and enjoy your 100.|||Your attitude failed and therefore she took that into account when grading your paper.





It%26#039;s her classroom and you%26#039;re the student. She makes the rules. Maybe next time you%26#039;ll think about being rude.